vrijdag 22 juli 2011

Stash Buster Blanket

This week I finished my first tunisian crochet project: Jennifer Hansen's Stash Buster Blanket.

For this project I ordered a Jenkins S hook with extension online. It took a while before it arrived at home, but it was definetely worth waiting for it! Since it is such a big hook and you use bulky yarn (or multiple strands held together), your work progesses pretty fast.
You can buy these hooks at Stichdiva.com


I used a lot of my stash to finish this blanket. It's a mix of bulky yarns or multiple strands of worsted weight yarn held together. I only used blues, reds and purples for this afghan and I really like the way it turned out. It gives a nice structure and colour combination.

It's really warm, soft and comfortable. I'm already thinking of making another one, since I still got plenty of yarn around. Plus, I really love this technique. Here are some pictures of the finished blanket.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten