dinsdag 1 november 2011

Ripple chevron granny planket

Planket? Planket!
Indeed, this isn't a typo. The blanket...
... turns into a pillow:

I finally finished the rainbow blanket from my previous post. Additionally, I made a big sunburst granny square, which has a side that is as wide as 1/3 of the width of the blanket and 1/4 of the length of the blanket. Then I slip stitched this granny square to the top center of my finished blanket, but left one side open. This way I can put the blanket inside the granny square so it turns into a pillow. This is the reason why I wanted my blanket to have dimensions in a 3:4 ratio.

The idea from this planket isn't my own. I got my inspiration from Kim from A girl and a glue gun who shares a tutorial on Positively Splendid for sewing a polar fleece planket. I figured it would be a nice idea to try this on my crocheted blanket. And I must say, I'm pleased with the result!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten