woensdag 19 oktober 2011

Owl bookends


A while ago, I think it was in September, I made this cute owl couple in some leftover Kaffe Fasset fabrics. They're not just plushies, no. I filled them with dried peas (in a closed bag) in addition to the polyester stuffing. This way, they're heavier and can be used as bookends, as you can see here:
I like the bright colors and the contrast it gives to these owls. Andy, a friend of mine, however, liked the idea of these owl bookends for his office, but preferred them in an other, more neutral color combination: blue, brown et cetera.
So, I digged into my fabric stash and sewed some up for him. Here is the result of the young couple:
And here they are "in action":
I hope they will enjoy their new home in Gent! :)
If you would like to make your own owl bookends, I found the pattern on Etsy in hemccoy's shop. So feel free to buy it too! They are really fun to make and the pattern is easy to understand.

1 opmerking: